On May 22th, 2017, IMASA launched the first reference of the Industrial Hygroscopic Cycle technology.
The technology was incorporated into the 12,5 MWe at Vetejar biomass plant, located in Palenciana area, which belongs to the Cordoba´s province (Spain) and is owned by Agricultural cooperative Oleícola El Tejar.
The benefits provided by the technology allow to amortize the investment in less than 2 years.
With the incorporation of the aforementioned technology to the industrial plant the following conclusions have been obtained:
- Increase the coolant temperature of the air coolers by 13ºC for the same condensation pressures.
- 100 % saving of cooling water (229.200 m3/year).
- Reduce self-consumption of the plant (1.520 MWh/year).
- Increase the availability of the facility, working with lower average annual condensation pressures, thereby generating an additional 900 MWh/year.
- In conclusion, increase the electrical performance of the plant by eliminating all the cooling water consumption, as well as reducing associated O&M costs.